Harassment Management ProgramTM
The standards for workplace behavior are changing. With increasing workforce diversity, a greater sensitivity to how actions affect employees is required. At the same time, the risk of expensive and damaging litigation arising out of alleged harassment by customers and employees is increasing rapidly. Juries have shown zero tolerance for employers who turn a blind eye to offensive conduct.
However, banks can protect themselves against harassment claims and enhance their ability to attract and retain the best employees.
Employment Law Compliance carefully monitors developments to identify the corrective and preventive measures the courts and agencies now expect employers to implement. We have worked extensively with community banks and know what works and what doesnít in maintaining a harassment-free environment. With this knowledge, we have designed a comprehensive program of all the policies, procedures, training materials, and management tools you need to minimize the problem of inappropriate conduct at the Bank.
I. THE POLICIES
As well as a No-Harassment Policy that satisfies the most recent standards, clearly defines what conduct is unacceptable, and the consequences for violating the policy, this section includes:
II. THE TRAINING
- A confidential and accessible notification procedure with alternative channels for reporting harassment
- An employee acknowledgement
- A workplace romance policy
- Guidelines for effective communication of the No-Harassment Policy
The Manager Training Module includes:
- An engaging PowerPoint® presentation with content developed for the banking industry
- A training facilitatorís guide that allows the Bank to use in-house trainers to present the information effectively and inexpensively
- Relevant case studies that encourage interaction and learning
- A test to track the participantís understanding of the standards for behavior and the managerís role in enforcing them
The Investigation Workshop enables HR and other managers charged with investigating harassment complaints to:
- Define the issues
- Plan the investigation
- Interview the complainant, the alleged harasser and other witnesses effectively
- Prepare jury-friendly documentation that demonstrates fairness and thoroughness
- Recommend and follow through on appropriate corrective action
The Employee Training materials encourage participants to explore the subject of how we treat each other at work in a non-threatening way that avoids provoking frivolous harassment claims:
- Interactive exercises
- Realistic examples
- A non-legalistic approach
The Executive Briefing lets senior management understand the information shared at each level, and the reasons why harassment training is essential.
III. THE TOOLS
Training that does not carry over into everyday work has little utility. That is why the Harassment Management ProgramTM includes tools to guide management decision-making:
IV. THE PRICING
- Managerís response checklist covers the all-important initial reaction to a harassment complaint
- The investigation checklist ensures a prompt, thorough and unbiased investigation, documented to withstand a legal challenge
- Interview forms guide the investigator through effective information gathering
- Template report and recommendation
- Forms to document appropriate corrective action
The Harassment Management ProgramTM is available in hard copy and CD. It is formatted in Microsoft Word® (training slides are in Microsoft PowerPoint®), permitting the user to quickly and easily customize and integrate the contents, and electronically disseminate (via email or bank intranet). The price includes one year's free upgrades.
|Special GBA Member Reduced Price
To maintain the continuing value of the Harassment Management ProgramTM as Standards change nationally and in your state, you can obtain regular updates in subsequent years, again at a specially reduced price for
|Annual Subscription for Non-Members
|Special GBA Member Member Annual Subscription
GBA members interested in purchasing the Harassment Management ProgramTM may call 1-866-801-6302 toll free, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax us at 770-206-3381.