Workplace Violence Prevention ProgramTM
Violence, including domestic violence that extends to the workplace, occurs in banks large and small, urban and rural. This program includes a full range of tools to assess risk, manage threats of violence, train managers and employees, and more.
I. GETTING STARTED
The program begins with a self-assessment tool to measure the Bank’s crisis readiness, and identify areas of weakness. This section also contains an overview of the program resources and an implementation guide defining Primary, Secondary and Tertiary levels of prevention.
II. PRIMARY PREVENTION TOOLS
- Pre-employment considerations: screening applicants for potential violence
- Developing an effective threat reporting policy and procedure
- Implementing an employee communications program: answering the frequently asked questions
- Violence prevention training for managers: covers the two most frequent issues– domestic violence that “plays out” in the workplace, and the irate customer.
The manager training includes five copies of Alert and Alive: Defusing Anger and Violence in the Workplace, Dr. Daniel Paulk’s recently published definitive handbook on the subject.
III. SECONDARY PREVENTION TOOLS: How to establish and train the Bank’s Threat Management Team.
This section includes a detailed discussion on the Threat Management Team’s functions:
- The immediate response
- Investigation guidelines
- Compilation of threat assessment data
- Evaluating three major defusing options
- Implementing a defusion strategy
- Tracking, monitoring and disengagement considerations
- Appropriate documentation
Ten case studies, applicable to the banking industry, test the Team's proficiency. (Suggested case responses are offered).
IV. THE TERTIARY PREVENTION TOOLS: Post Crisis Response
- “Point of Emergency” protocol
- “First Responder” skills
- Crisis assessment tools
- Crisis communication guidelines
- Identifying and handling post-traumatic stress
The Workplace Violence Prevention ProgramTM is available in hard copy and on CD. It is formatted in Microsoft Word® (training slides are in Microsoft PowerPoint®), permitting the user to quickly and easily customize, integrate, and electronically disseminate the contents. Every 90 days, ELC will provide updated content to reflect any relevant legal and HR best practices developments. These updates are free during the first year.
Thanks to GBA sponsorship, Employment Law Compliance is able to offer, at a specially reduced price, this comprehensive solution created in consultation with Dr. Daniel Paulk, one of the nation’s leading experts in the field of workplace violence prevention.
|Special GBA Member Reduced Price
To maintain the continuing value of the Workplace Violence Prevention solution as Standards change nationally and in your state, you can obtain regular updates in subsequent years, again at a specially reduced price forGBAmembers:
|Annual Subscription for Non-Members
|Special GBA Member Member Annual Subscription
GBA members interested in purchasing the Workplace Violence Prevention ProgramTM may call 1-866-801-6302 toll free, email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax us at 770-206-3381.