2020 General Information
GBA’s 2020 Annual Meeting will be June 14-16 at the Fairmont Southampton in Bermuda. The event will kick off Sunday, June 14, with our traditional Welcome Reception and buffet dinner, and the event will officially close with the Chairman’s Farewell Reception and Dinner on Tuesday, June 16.
Who Should Attend
- Bank Executive Teams
- Strategic Partners
- Associate Members
- Bank Counsel Section Members
- Bank Accountant Section Members
- Your Families
Annual Meeting Agenda
Registration Package and Prices
The Banker/Associate Member registration package includes all scheduled Annual Meeting programs, events, meals, educational sessions, and the Sunday and Tuesday evening events. The Spouse/Guest registration package includes the Sunday and Tuesday evening events and the Monday morning Spouse/Guest Program. Package prices for member bankers and associate members: $765/pp through May 16 (add $50 after that date). Early spouse/guest registration price: $550 (add $50 after May 16).
You may choose to pay your registration fee by credit card (MC, VISA, and AMEX) upon registering or choose to have your bank/company invoiced.
Click Here to Register
Reserving Your Hotel Room – NEW THIS YEAR!
In order to ensure that all GBA Annual Meeting registrants have an opportunity to secure accommodations at the host hotel, you must register for the meeting first. Reservations information will be provided in your meeting registration email confirmation. To help you determine your room preference, read below for information on GBA’s room block categories, features, and nightly rates.
Fairmont Southampton Hotel Rooms
Fairmont Southampton rooms have views of Bermuda's turquoise sea, the iconic Gibb's Hill Lighthouse, or the Turtle Hill Golf Course. All rooms boast private balconies, marble bathrooms with Le Labo bath products, walk-in closet, plush bathrobes, Keurig coffee maker, LCD TV, writing desk, WiFi internet connection, fully stocked mini-bar, and a spacious bathroom with double granite vanity. The design scheme features a rich palette of island sophistication, incorporating inspiration from Bermuda’s lush landscape. Guest rooms are light, bright, and contemporary while still true to the spirit of Bermuda.
GBA’s Room Block
- Fairmont Room ($309++/night, 450 sq. ft., one King or two Queen beds): Located between the first and fifth floors of the resort with partially obstructed views of Bermuda's turquoise waters, the lush Turtle Hill Golf Course, or the iconic Gibb's Hill Lighthouse.
- Deluxe Lighthouse Rooms ($359++/night, 450 sq. ft., one King or two Queen beds): Feature wonderful views of the iconic Gibb’s Hill Lighthouse or the lush Turtle Hill Golf Club and are located between the fourth and fifth floors of the resort.
- Deluxe Sea View Rooms ($399++/night, 450 sq. ft., one King or two Queen beds): Feature spectacular views of the turquoise hued Atlantic Ocean and are located between the first and fifth floors of the resort.
Outside of GBA’s Block
The Fairmont Southampton has Fairmont Gold (concierge level) rooms and some suites which are not included in the GBA block; feel free to inquire about these rooms types when making your reservations.
Additional Charges to Nightly Room Rate
- Resort Levy: There is an additional $15/per person plus 11.75% tax (Hotel Occupancy Tax of 7.25% and Tourism Guest Fee of 4.5%), mandatory daily fee not included in the above nightly rates to cover operational and administrative services including trolley service, ferry service, golf club handling and storage. This daily fee is retained and not distributed as a tip or gratuity to hotel staff.
- Gratuity: There is an additional mandatory service charge of $12 per person, per day not included in the above nightly rates distributed to several departments within the hotel, including porterage and housekeeping. Should you reserve an upgraded room type not in our block, this charge may be higher.
Room Policies: GBA’s group rate will be offered three days pre/post meeting dates, subject to availability. Our room block includes some rooms on pre-nights of Friday night, June 13 and Saturday night, June 14. Children 18 years and under sharing their parents’ accommodations are complimentary but they are subject to daily resort levy and daily gratuities as listed above. Children 12 years and under pay no resort levy but must pay gratuity. Maximum occupancy is four (4) persons per room unless noted otherwise.
Reservations Cut-Off Date: Reservations must be made by Wednesday, May 13, 2020 to qualify for the GBA rate. Please be aware that rooms may sell out before this due date.
Sponsorships & Exhibits
Associate Members are eligible to participate as sponsors and exhibitors to maximize the conference experience of the bankers attending. Click here to view sponsor information, and click here to view exhibitor information for the 2020 Annual Meeting.
Professional Development Manager