About The BSA Experience
Based on popular demand, GBA is teaming up again with Secura Risk Management to bring you BSA Experience 2020. This year, we have enhanced the program to include more case studies, team participation and relevant topics based on financial institutions feedback and emerging risks.
NEW FOR 2020! As attendees are an important part of the program’s success, this year we are adding a component allowing all registered attendees to submit their most pressing questions to the Georgia Bankers Association on any BSA/AML/OFAC topic. Once received, these questions will be incorporated into the designated speaker’s presentation and attendees will be provided a frequently asked questions document at the end of the program.
This program is designed to take BSA risk management teams through all topics that support an effective BSA program. Based on the level and depth of the program, the BSA Experience is limited to 65 attendees. This will allow instructors to provide a more controlled and meaningful learning environment based on the curriculum and allow more time for case studies and group activities.
See the Agenda
2020 Dates and Location
The 2020 BSA Experience will be Monday, Aug. 24, through Thursday, Aug. 27, at the Legacy Lodge at Lanier Islands, 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway, Buford, GA 30518.
- BSA/AML/OFAC Rules, Regulations, Trends and Emerging Risks
- Breaking down CTR Reporting Requirements and Resolving “Out of the Ordinary” Cash Deposits and Withdrawals
- Best Business Practices for Performing CIP: New Accounts, Existing Accounts and Non-Customer Services
- Documenting Your Internal Procedures for OFAC to Comply
- Effective Risk Rating at Account Opening and Best Business Practices for Ongoing Monitoring
- Best Business Practices for Performing High Risk Reviews and Additional Due Diligence
- Regulatory Requirements for banking Marijuana-Hemp, Cannabis and Determining the Costs and Profitability Associated with this Type of Customer
- Successfully Training your Front Line to Identify Suspicious Activity
- A SAR Writing Course
- Effectively Documenting and Updating Your BSA/AML/OFAC Risk Assessment
- Identification of Elder Financial Exploitation and Human Trafficking, Escalation Procedures and Effectively Communicating to the Victim
- Regulatory Panel: Frequent Findings and Regulatory Expectations based on Emerging Risks
- Effectively Identifying and Banking MSBs, Third-Party Senders and Privately Held ATM Customers
- Importance of AML Threshold Testing and Data Validation
- Effective BSA Board Reporting and Training
Registration Price and How to Register
The registration price is $1495 per person for registrations received through July 24, 2020, and $1545 for registrations received beginning July 25, 2020. Registration includes conference sessions, breakfasts (Monday-Thursday), lunches (Monday-Wednesday) and daily breaks.
No refunds will be given after 8/3/2020. However, substitutions are always welcome. With questions, contact Jenna Lynn Warner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Members are eligible to serve as sponsors to maximize the conference experience of the bankers attending. Click here to view sponsor information.
The 2020 BSA Experience will be at Legacy Lodge at Lanier Islands, 7000 Lanier Islands Parkway, Buford, GA 30518, 770.945.8787. GBA’s discounted nightly room rate is $164.
Click here to book online, or call 800.768.LAKE or 770.945.8787 to reserve by phone and a credit card guarantee is required. Be sure to mention you are with the Georgia Bankers Association to receive the GBA rate. The cut-off date for reservations at the GBA rate is Aug. 16, 2020, and rooms may sell out before that date. You will receive a confirmation number when you make your reservation.
Jenna Lynn Warner
Professional Development Coordinator